Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Gundie Awards?
The 4th annual Gundie Awards are the firearm community's Voter Choice Awards where the community votes for their favorite content creators & brands. This is your chance to make your voice heard and vote for your favorite youtuber, content creator and influencer.
Nominations Open up on November 1st. Between November 1st and November 30th the community can suggest creators that they would like to see in this year's voting.
Voting begins January 1st and runs until January 31st. On February 25th Watch the Gundies Ceremony LIVE!
Why do The Gundies exist?
The Gundie Awards is a light-hearted competition focused on bringing the community. Our goal is to showcase the creators who've reached the top of their game and to showcase up-and-coming talent in the community. Show them your support with each vote.
How do I vote?
Voting will begin on JANUARY 1ST, 2023. Voting is simple.
1. Sign into Thegundies.com
2. Pick a category & then pick your favorite content creator.
3. Click the vote button and you're done!
4. You can do this up to 15 times per day.
How long does voting last?
Voting begins January 1st, 2023 and ends January 31st, 2023.
How many times a day can I vote?
You can vote once per day, per category. This means you can vote 15 total times per day throughout the voting period.
What do I get for voting?
Each Category is sponsored by one of our incredible sponsors. These sponsors have each donated a prize that you are automatically entered to win just by voting. Vote once or vote every single day, and you'll be entered to win that category prize. The more you vote the more entries you'll receive.
Every vote is also an entry towards the GRAND PRIZE which is an all-expense paid trip to the Gundie Awards Range Day & Ceremony. Come rub shoulders with your favorite creators & brands, shoot more guns than you could dream of and if you want, present an award LIVE at the Gundie Awards Ceremony!
Who decides the award winners?
You do. The Gundies is voter choice, simply put, at the end of voting, whichever content creator has the most votes in their category wins!
Can I nominate someone?
Yes! You can suggest on who you think deserves to be nominated HERE.
*Note* Nominating an influencer is not a guarantee that they will be in the final voting, all contenders must meet our guidelines to be included in the voting.
What makes a content creator eligible to be nominated in a category?
We look for a few things when deciding if a content creator should be nominated in a category.
1. Do they fit a category? This is rather self-explanatory, we are looking for content creators that fit within one of our 15 categories. Now, we're well aware that there are some incredible creators who don't necessarily fit in one of these categories. As the Gundies grow we hope to add more categories in the future to include these creators.
2. Following/Audience Size: We want to spotlight creators of all sizes but we do have a minimum requirement to be listed in the voting.
3. Commitment to their Craft: The Gundies is about celebrating creators who are committed to consistently putting out quality content. This can take many shapes but ultimately they need to be an active member of the firearms & outdoors community.
Can I come to the Range Day of & Ceremony?
At this time the Gundie Awards Event is Private and Invite Only. To receive an invitation you must work within the firearms industry in a related role to the Gundies such as working for a media site or being an active content creator. Those looking to attend must register here. Registering is NOT a guarantee you will receive an invitation.
We are however currently accepting application's for event volunteers, you can learn more about that here.
Can I volunteer to work at the Gundies event?
Yes! As the event grows we are actively taking applications for event volunteers. Roles are diverse, Learn more here.